Friday, May 12, 2006

Food and Sleep

Let me review for you when my 8 mo old daughter decided to wake up last night. Ready???

10:30 p.m.
12:00 a.m.
2:15 a.m.
5:30 a.m.
5:59 a.m.

Diagnosis: I think GAS, a little teething, some good ol growing pains and the sniffles. Either way doesn't she know her mommy and daddy by now? I personally am horrible about getting up in the middle of the night. If that makes me a bad mommy than so be it. It made me have flashbacks to when both kiddos were newborns-**Shiver** I need at least 7 hrs or I am a disaster the next day.

Then on top of that trying to explain to a two and a half year old why you don't want to play with him every waking moment of the day because you are tired and grumpy is not an easy thing to do. SUCK IT UP MOMMY!!!

Anyway luckily for us this does not happen very often or I would most likely be in a mental institution. :)

So now, on to a BRIGHTER subject, FOOD.

Recipe of the week:
I love good recipes and when people pass them along to me, so I will pass ones I find on to you! This one is brought to us by the Albright Family. My friend Sherese is one of those gifted chefs who can throw a bunch of crap together and make it taste gourmet. My husband is the same way. Its annoying to me because I am not. I NEED a recipe to follow. When I try to "Wing it" well just ask my husband about the dish he titled "Turkey Surprise" ;)

I have made this recipe twice now and while it was originally meant for the bbq grill I just throw it in the oven. Still amazing and so EASY. **Side note to those with kids. My son will eat the basting sauce by itself if I let him. He really enjoys this because of the maple syrup flavor:) **

Maple Glazed Pork Loin.

1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons grated orange rind

Rub pork loin with mixture of ginger and salt.

PreHeat oven to 325.

Place loin on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until internal temp is 170 degrees.

Baste loin every 30 minutes or so with mixture of barbecue sauce, maple syrup and orange rind.

Remove to serving platter and cut into thin slices.
Garnish with red grapes, green grapes and parsley sprigs (optional).

Badda Bing- Thats it! I served it with creamy spinach and rosemary mashed potatoes... but it goes well with just about anything and AGAIN its SO easy.

Boring post I know but I am so very TIRED :) Have a great weekend and a very Happy Mothers Day to all of the mommies out there!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Shell said...

I'll just come eat at your house.

Next you need to post your Mom's Salad...the one where she toasts the ramen noodles...yum.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Tallulah Belle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Apparently, I'm a terrible mom too. I can't stand waking up in the middle of the night. I would silently cuss my child. Is that wrong? :)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

At least with the cats I can just throw some treats at them or spray them with water and they let me sleep.

I guess squirting her with water wouldn't be an appropriate parenting technique? :)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Sheresers said...

I wish I was really that good! I would like to be better. I did get a cooking class at Central Market for two for Mother's Day...yeah!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home