Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ok so I am going to try my hand at BLOGGING. :) My sis has been doing it for a while now and I find myself reading her and her readers sites so I thought why not...and what a nice way to vent when necessary!

So on to it... Today's post is about the following:

The Titmouse Club.
You heard me right the "Titmouse club." heehee! Snickering to self. Well that's what I did when my friend Sherese invited myself and the Bobo (my son) to join them for the event. I thought what in Gods name is that word but apparently it is actually a bird as you can see here on their site:


So after hearing about how cool this place was from Sherese for like a month I decided to go ahead and venture out with both children to this little outdoor morning club. I had read on their site that they "Begin promptly at 10 and if there are more than 20 kiddos then they will have to turn you away so I planned to be a little early (what is that?!)

I, like any good mother, set the alarm for 7:30 am- yeech- if you will learn one thing about me from this is that I am NOT a morning person. So when it went off I dutifully hit the snooze button and slept in until 7:50 at which point I got up and began the morning routine. Basically its get self and the little selves ready to go. Strangely enough both kiddos slept until 9 so I had to wake them up get them dressed and gave Ryan some goldfish to eat for breakfast (Mother of the Year right here) as we were running out the door to jump in the oh.so.stylish. Nissan minivan to speed over to the Memorial area running late...AS USUAL!

On the way over there I had to laugh to myself because here I am speeding and zipping in and out of traffic so we will get there on time because I will be dammed if I got up early with BOTH kids and drove all the way over there to be turned away. "Look out people! Out of my way! I have to get to the Titmouse club on time!!!" Now, that's just funny.

So we get there and as Sherese said yes...it is really cool. Its like this outdoor completely shaded by trees wilderness place right off of Memorial. It has nature trails, ponds, bridges, bayous, a log cabin...the works. So we take a nice little hike back to the cabin where we sign in and listen to the leaders teaching the kids about the topic for the week "Fish" They actually had a dead fish that they were show and telling with. Ryan of course was more interested in the woods though and kept deciding to run off all the while Reese is sitting in her stroller wondering to her baby self where in Gods name have those two drug me to now :)
ryanfish
reese

So long story long Ryan eventually decided to sit and listen with his friend Zoe to the story about the Rainbow fish. Then came time for the art project. They brought out like 6 huge dead fish and announced that the children would be painting then and then making a print on cheesecloth. So either its the girl in me or the mommy but I was like EWWWE germs and ewwe dead fish! My son however was thrilled... dead fish and paint what could possibly be cooler?! So we sat down and Ryan painted two dead fish and we made prints which actually turned out really cool! Then after that they take the kids into "the woods" for a nature walk to look for the topic which ended us up by a pond looking at tadpoles and turtles. Ryan just thought this was heaven.
ryanzoe
ryan paint

Sadly I thought we could do this all summer but they are ending the club in just 2 more weeks. Wah. So we can go 2 more times and then will have to start again next September. So there you have it folks...The TITmouse Club...who would've thought that's where I would have been at this point in my life ;)
fish

10 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Well it's about freaking time! :)

And you people thought I could ramble on... heehehehee

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh forgot to say - you let the boy play with a dead fish?

Um, like ewwww... you know you'll regret that when we're at the beach Memorial Day and he picks up a dead fish on the beach... :)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger TBG said...

Welcome to the blogging world!
And I would say I am your first ever comment! wow that has never happened!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger TBG said...

oh no I am not you have to approve the comments. Oh well thought I was for a minute!

Oh and I am not some stalker freak I am a friend of Carrie's!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Shell said...

I'm a stalker. :-)

Good God...Nicole has a blog. What a scarry moment for us all.

I guess this will be better than the 15 minute calls that we try to squeeze in everything that has happened in our lives recently.

Can't wait to see you Friday! I'll still kiss Ryan even though he touched a dead fish. I'll have to remember to ask him if I can see his picture.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sheresers said...

You go girl!!! See, I told ya how cool the "titmouse" club was...aren't you glad you tried it? :-)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger lsfurr said...

Cool, I've never even really seen a blog (I know I'm ancient). How do we find out about this titmouse club? Abigail would love it!!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

OK, the pictures of the kids in the stroller cracked me up. I love the hat. Too cute.

I came to you via Carrie. She said you ramble.

I'm just sayin'.....

;)

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Jenn said...

.....and what about the rest of the story of the day? After the titmouse you visited your dad and then took the kids to your friend's (my) house where you changed some poopy diapers, intercepted Reese from eating a few plastic firemen, and mediated a "t-ball" game between 3 rowdy toddler boys, of which none understood the concept of taking turns (which can be scary when there is a baseball bat involved...even if it is plastic).

Then packed up the kids and still had the energy to make plans to entertain them even more later in the week!

Fran - if you are reading this....give this woman something special for Mother's Day!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Um, what gives? Why isn't there a 'post comment' on the two above posts? Did you change something?

Must.leave.comments....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home