Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Review

Ahhhh.. what a good weekend.

Lets start with Friday.
Before haircut

Friday Reese and I took Ryan to get a hair cut. He is getting really good at sitting there for them- I think it is the promise of a lollipop at the end that intrigues him :) Anyway they lady started chopping away so much that I had to tell her Whoooooaaaa there missy... thats enough!!

His hair is a little on the short side but he looks so cute! Afterward we jetted over to the bouncy place so they both burn off some energy.
After hair cut
(After haircut:))
Reese at BB

That evening we all went to Willies Ice house for dinner. We went with my sister and our neighbors Janice and Jim. The double J's :) Carrie has pics- I will add them later :)

We sat out on the breezy patio and drank margaritas while Ryan proceeded to get completely covered from head to toe in sand. Can it get any better than that? :)

Saturday we Watkins ventured outside- I cleaned the garage, Fran mowed the yard, Ryan painted with his sidewalk paint and Reese walked around in her Jeep walker. She likes to go in reverse :)

Then our other neighbors Paul and "Henry" :) Or rather Henrietta... Ryan calls her "Henry" came out with a little plastic pool that Ryan and Mr. Paul played in while mommy and daddy finished the yard work.
Mr. Paul and Ryan
(And yes...thats my kick ass yard on the left :))
Ryan spraying Mr. Paul
(Ryan spraying Mr. Paul)

After a while Ryan and Mr. Paul thought it would be fun to completely soak mommy with the hose (HAHA) and so in the end we all sat around the pool with our feet in it. Yard work in Texas. I tell ya! :) Heehee!

After all that excitement the little Watkins went down for their nappy poos and FW and I watched the Family Stone. It was good but it made me cry at the end.

So after a long afternoon of lounging on the couch nobody felt like cooking so we went to get BBQ from Carls for dinner.

Sunday Aunt Na-Na came over and watched the little Watkins so that we could go and see NACHO LIBRE :)

It was... in a word, HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed throughout the entire movie. I love Jack Black though- he cracks me right up!

Then last night Fran and I discovered that our new favorite show is Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. Have you seen it? We love us some of the Whiskers.
ANYWAY...
That is all. :)

7 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Ooh I'm so jealous - you got to see Nacho? BTW - I love love that first picture of Ryan & Reese! Doesn't it make you sad to cut his hair? :(

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

Your kids are so cute, I swear.

I love me some Jack Black but I was not sure that I would like that movie. LOL

Your yard looks fantastic, girl. Love it.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Shell said...

Your kid's hair grows like weeds. By the time I see him it will be all grown out.

We didn't make it to the movies. We were way too busy. However I am making Annika go with me to see The Devil Wears Prada this weekend.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I uploaded the pictures from Friday to Flickr, just copy them from there. :)

Every time you cut his hair, he looks more grown up! you must stop this, he is not allowed to age!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

To answer your question, yes, I am going to see Superman tongiht. In 3-D. Got the tickets last week (all sold out now) and am heading over there after I post this to get in the line for good seats. :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Velista said...

I loved The Family Stone!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Shit. That was me. I was fixing my friend's blog for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home