Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Oops its Wednesday :)

In continuing with my "Week in Nicole's Music" lets talk about Blues Traveler. :)
I'll try to make it more personal.

I love, love, love Blues Traveler.

My love affair dates back to like 1996ish when the hubby and I went with our friends the Boudreauxs to a local pop rock stations all day concert out at the Woodlands. I think the headliner was Duran Duran. They sucked so it doesn't really matter.

Anyway it was a really hot day and we were listening to all these boring bands go on and perform when out come Blues Traveler. Now they weren't all that popular yet but let me tell you what.... They started playing and they rocked the entire pavilion. People sat up and took notice.

I was totally mezmorized. They played for like and hour and a half and it turned out to be the best show of the entire day. The most impressive to me was the harmonica playing. Ever since then I have been hooked. My favorite songs by them are The Mountains Win Again, Stand, Look Around and Just Wait. Hmmm... I bascially like all of their songs and they rock out. My friend Shell love them to and we all just may go and see them in 2 weeks. Whoo-Hoo!

End of review.

In other news...today Ryan went back to his one day a week summer camp. He missed last week because we were at the beach and the week before he was sick. He cried a little but it wasn't the total breakdown. I have to leave in about 10 min to go and get him.

With our free time Reese and I went over to Lowes and we picked out some flowers for the front bed. I picked blue ones and Reese picked Purple and white. I also got some sage for my pseudo herb garden. I needed something because all of my Petunias have kicked the bucket.

We also ventured to Kirklands and Hobby Lobby and I think I finally found some curtains that will go nicely in the kitchen. I will have to do the test run thing and tack them up for a day or so and see if I still like them. I am weird like that :)

So for today's agenda after we get home I am going to go outside and plant some flowers while sweating to death and getting bit by mosquito's. I just love gardening....well in the cooler weather I do :)

I did try my hand at bow making last night and while it isn't as easy as I thought it would be I think my first bow ...although rather large... turned out pretty good.

I can see how that can become addicting. Now I look at all of Reese cute outfits and in the back of my mind I am picturing different ribbons to go with them...:)

Anyway that's all I got- Gotta run!

4 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Shell said...

I've been going back and forth on the upcoming Blues Traveler concert. One minute I want to go, the next I remember how DEAD TIRED I will be going to work the next day. Then I remember - what the heck...it's not like I'm in school right now...I can leave at 5 and go home and sleep.

UGH! Can't.make.up.my.mind...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

So what are ya'll having for dinner tonight? Just curious... :) hee-hee

Reese has good taste - it's so important at this age... :)

I bet by the time you pick Ryan up he won't want to leave. :)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, I was going to point out that you titled your post 'Tuesday', but thought since I'd posted the 'who farted' picture of you I'd let that one go... ba-dum-bum... pun intended... get it... 'let one go'... bwahahahaha

Damn, I'm funny. :)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

I have never been a BT fan. They are ok, but not in my CD collection.

Since Carrie asked you, we are having parmesan crusted tilapia and some mixed veg for dinner.

Oh she did not mean me?

Well, damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home