Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Review!

This was a fabulous weekend.

Friday we went out to dinner with my sis and Miss Shell whom I haven't seen since May. Both kiddos lit up when they saw her- I think Reese actually remembered her way back from hunkering down through hurricane Rita :) Anyway Shelley walked in and swooped up Reese and didn't give her back until she was leaving and she was playing with Ryan all the while. It was hot as heck on the patio but it was a really nice evening just hanging out. You can see the pictures on either of their sites.

Saturday we cleaned the house(something new, right?!) then after I got Ryan down for his nap around 3 I went and used my gc the hubs got me for Valentines day. This is how long it takes to get free time with 2 kiddos under foot :) So 5 months later I finally got my mani, pedi and an hour long massage. While I am not big on spas and such or other people rubbing me...I have to say when I walked out of there I was SO relaxed and my nails looked pretty, to boot!

Sunday we worked in the yard which kind of messed up the aforementioned nails...but what can you do? Then got ready and headed downtown to the Houston Press Music awards. While I was expecting it to be really hot and way to crowded- I was very pleasantly surprised that it was nice and breezy and not crowded at all. We went to Live Bar and saw Pierre and the Zydeco Dots...who totally rocked and were going to see Luther and the Healers however Cabo's tacos (while not on my diet) were calling my name. So we ate at the bar downstairs, talked without interruption, and people watched the throws of people wandering about downtown. It was a great end to a great weekend.

Thank you to my sis who watched the little Watkins so we could have some time together :)

Anway this week on the agenda we have the Wiggles on Thursday afternoon (that should be interesting) and its back to my aerobic classes tonight to start working off my chicken taco and fried plantains I gobbled up last night...:)

Happy Monday!

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Shell said...

I didn't post my pics unlike a certain relative of yours *cough CARRIE cough*. I was going to see if I could get "approval" - like I would wait anyhow. I will have to post the one of Reese pulling her hair when she is trying to relax 'cause I do the hair twirling thing...see your daughter WAS suppose to be mine.

Now I don't feel so bad about missing Luther since you didn't get to see him either. I REALLY wanted to ditch the visit with the parents and come join ya but I didn't see them last weekend and I won't this weekend either.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, I'm in favor of not going back to Los Cucos ever again. :)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

It's about time, sistah. LOL

Glad you had a nice weekend, girl. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home