Tuesday, August 01, 2006

2 Year and 10 month old Boy=Broken Window

Don't go breaking my Windows...

Yep. As of last night at approximately 8:30 p.m. my son, Mr. Bobo, broke his first window.

Scenario:
Bobo and RP are playing in the game room what is actually my dining room peacefully and quietly...

Ok well neither of those but they were playing.

I, being the outstanding mother of the year that I am, had my happy bootie plopped in one said green bean bag not more than 6 feet away from the alleged children.

I was sitting there like any good mother would be eyeing them like a hawk to make sure no unnecessary roughness would occur. ;)

Ok... not exactly- actually I had my sights set on Supernanny thinking to myself... I am sure glad my kids aren't that bad! Whew! :)

Action:

Let me give you the run down of how my two children play.

Mr. Bobo has a train table if you will in the middle of the room that random toys are scattered about on. RP who has not yet figured out that she can walk holds on to the table and follows Mr. Bobo around it wanting whatever he has his hands on.

After swiping the toy from him if he lets her, she takes it, inspects it and then just like any girl would do tosses it over her shoulder and moves on to the next item.

Mr. Bobo tolerates this pretty well except for when his sister dares take his "prized possessions"...aka King Kong, Hot wheels, well just about any toy of his in general. ;)

So there they were peacefully playing with me eyeing them "like a hawk" when out of the corner of my eye and ear I hear "No, RP!" and see a foreign object hurling through the air and then "Crack".

Apparently RP had tried playing with the super speed racer toy and Bobo went to grab it not realizing that RP was holding on for dear life at which point he had to pull harder...she let go and wheeeewzers- through the air goes the super speed racer all the way into my window.

First broken window: 2 years and 10 months.

Luckily for us I think that I have the broken windows policy in the insurance. I guess we will see how many ways they can screw me today when I call to see about getting it fixed.

When asked WHY did you throw that super speed racer through the air, son??

Mr. Bobo replied: "I don't know mama."

So sweet so innocent.

So I tell him from now on *yeah right* we do not throw ANYTHING in the house to which Bobo replied
"And no firecrackers inside the house because they could hurt you."

Ummm yeah, what the two almost three year old said. :)
That is all.
Happy Tuesday~!

8 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Dianne said...

Whoops! Oh dear. I think I will be lining all my windows with foam rubber, seeing as how my little guy (who will be ONE tomorrow!!) already loves to hurl everything, and who also wants virtually ANY toy his sister is playing with, no matter what it is, or whether he has previously hurled said toy across the room and moved on. He quite literally chases her around the house trying to steal her possessions. Resistance is futile. :) Hope the insurance company doesn't give you too much flack.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Shell said...

My parents finally went with those indestructable windows when we kept breaking one that was close to the basketball goal. Then we started breaking the outside faucet.

Yeah...we were pretty expensive kids.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

One of many, I'm sure. Buy some sturdy windows, girlfriend.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

You are going to hear "I don't know mama" many, many, many (did I say many?) times.

Glad that they are ok and that he didn't hurl HER across the room (hehehe).

Good luck with the insurance, they can be a pain in the assets.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

That's hilarious. We need pics of broken window and a very sad looking Bobo though to complete the story.

I finally did a post. LOL

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I think you should make him work it off. Like by doing the dishes or the laundry. Never too early to learn, right? :)

BTW - wonder what email it was that you sent & I didn't receive? Wasn't one with confirmation of "balls hanging down" was it? Sicko perv.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger TBG said...

It was only a matter of time before the windows get broken!

Boys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home