Monday, September 11, 2006

On we go...

So what does one do to cheer oneself up when one has had a shitty week? They go to Party City, the Halloween Store!

Let me let you in on a little secret, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some HALLOWEEN!!!
Its by far my favorite holiday!

I also in general love the month of October. Fran and I celebrate our wedding anniversary, the time changes to where its darker earlier, Monday night football has resumed, all the good shows are back on, if you live anywhere but TX it starts to cool off... which is of course a great reason to start making chili and cornbread and all the other favorite cold weather foods!!

So here it is the middle of September, and yes I know its early, however last year we waited until the last minute to get costumes and the store was packed full, everything was out, the lines were like 20 people deep and it was MISERABLE!!! So this year we decided to get a jump on it!!!

After much deliberation it was decided that Mr. Bobo is going to be a pirate, arrrgh matey, (because he liked the idea of getting a sword :)) and my sweet Reese is going to be a lady bug, buzzzzzzz. Fran and I have yet to decide what we are going to be...

If you will look over at my sisters site you can see that her and I are completely nuts :) Happy Wednesday!

6 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Aimee said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who LOVES Halloweeen!

I haven't decided what I am going to do this year, I guess I better start working on that.

And is it weird that it's only September 13th and I'm already craving chili and cornbread and chicken tortilla soup? But even more than that... I'm craving tomatillo enchiladas from Los Cucos! I feel another trip home to Houston coming on.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger SFG said...

Girl, I was cracking up at your pictures on Carrie's site. Y'all are nuts.

Our anniversary is in October too!!!! How friggin cute. :)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I so Heart Halloween. We should have a party. It's been too long since I got to go batshit crazy decorating and I'm starting to get the shakes. :)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Shell said...

I'll just dress up like me again and drink beer. It's cheap, no one has to guess what I am and I get to drink beer.

I was going to tell you that Old Navy Outlet in Sugarland had the costumes out. They had a mouse one that I thought Reese would be so cute in.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the kiddos in their costumes! I'm trying to think of what you and Fran could be to tie into lady bug and pirate....hmm....whoever will be holding Reese could be a plant so that the ladybug would be resting on a plant. :) And one of you could be a treasure chest.

Or...to tie all 4 of you together...you could go for an astrological theme...pirate/water, ladybug/earth....a bird and a barbecue pit? or windmill and roasted marshmallow....hehe! if shelly reads this i can already anticipate the comments :)

jenn

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Ah Halloween is my favorite holiday as well! I have a ton of decorations and this year I swear I'm getting the out before the end of this month so I'm not straggling and still putting stuff up right before the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home